Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Five Ways You’ve Been Applying Perfume Wrong
Have you ever seen someone walk into a room and everyone notices them due to their scent? Now, this isn't because they are wearing an overpowerful amount of scent but it is because they smell so good. You try it and you get a headache and have too much on.
You then question what are you doing wrong? This could be for various reasons from how you are putting it on to what the fragrance type is. It is important to understand that every perfume has a middle note, top note, and heart note. For example, one perfume might have a combination of honeysuckle, violet blossom, and freesia that gradually mixes in with jasmine, magnolia, rose and iris which will then be mixed in with sandalwood, patchouli, saffron, and leather. Testing a perfume is the best way to determine if it is the right combination for you. Put the perfume on and wait for the notes to kick in.
Now that you have an idea of how to purchase the right perfume for your body. You need to learn the next step on how to best use it. To get this step right, you will need to know what you have been doing wrong. Let's take a look at what you have been doing wrong.
Here Are Some Things That You Could Be Doing Wrong
- You should spray your perfume 5-7 inches away from your body. You should not be getting wet from your perfume. If you are, the spray is too close.
- Spraying perfume on your clothing can directly result in stains as well as it is not the appropriate way to wear perfume. If you are doing this, then you need to stop immediately. This isn't good practice. You should put on your perfume before you put on clothing.
- Apply Attars to your pulse points is the pulse points of your body is the correct way to wear your attars. This shouldn't be placed all over your body.
- Avoid spraying too much perfume as this can have an adverse effect. You will most likely get a headache and give those around you one too. A little in the right places can really go a long way. You simply need to add a few sprits to your pulse points to get the desired results.
- Your skin will react to different fragrances differently than the next person. This is due to body chemistry. Also, some perfumes will have ingredients that will cause an allergic reaction to the skin, so be sure that you always check and ensure that you are okay and your skin is doing well with your new scent.
Testing, of course, before buying is a great idea. After all, most places will have a test bottle out for you. Test a different scent each time you go out and when you come back to your family, you can ask them what they think. This is a great way to find your next perfume choices.